Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Ice Cream Red Hair Dye

Lord of the Rings

Ok, I admit it: I was never able to read it.
Both the Hobbit I had caught, charmed and conquered by let me read in a weekend listening to ripezione "In this world of thieves," Venditti (I was young - 1988), so the Lord of the Rings has always been a mountain too high to climb. One of those unreachable goals, but I keep telling myself "someday I'll make it."
But the very name awakens in me memories of past speeches during mass on Sunday morning on what was best rather than enhance 1h polearm, very bad in the play of MERP would kill other people to rob them of what they had, or stories Mallo on top of a mountain to warm up around his pipe under the river burst its banks, Bear or escaping from the library with the massive volume under his arm and the clerk tells us that in the meantime the latest releases of Weis and Hickman. Or
tumulilande of Brea, where I left many Beorning, a spiritual brother of the other. Or the troll that killed me with a critic after 6 rounds, and I thought I survived. O's book illustrations beautiful views sitting on the floor on the carpet, or Adelphi paper edition of The Hobbit.

The Lord of the Rings films is also of Jackson, but those came later. If anything is visually almost Aragorn Indian animated cartoon by Ralph Bakshi, Gandalf comradely arm tightens Saruman in reactionary exaltation worthy of the best Italian tradition destrofila, Lothlorien taste of "strawberry" very '70s. The game for the Amiga that I would have liked to play, but I could never find the original (and it was not possible to play because he had a pirate-game questions, so please stay locked). And for those who never had remember, Odelard the Healer, the great love that paper never forgotten.

last few days has added to the list LOTRO, Lord of the Rings Online, the MMORPG.
I played the beta, and although I find interesting, I did not think of anything more 'without a WoW PvP.
Now I'm in with a pass 7 days (thanks Falconer). And I find it really well done.
The thing that strikes me more 'is that, for the first time, found a massive "romantic"!
There is no grind, just this, and the latter, despite having to respond to the classical patterns of MMORPGs are very well done, well written, invite you to read, to follow that kind of plot that unfolds as you complete the main line, complete with interludes made with the game engine, in a successful fusion of pseudo-single-player and massively multi-player. The classes are not at all obvious, I would say almost for innovative design and the look and feel - oh! the look and feel. Arriving at night Bree and head to the "Prancing Pony" well ...
The first expansion will be a dungeon. They say a big thing. It is called type Mora, Moira ... na thing ... : P (arigrazie Falconer: D).

0 comments:

Post a Comment