RPG Stores
Dragon, a small shop of role-playing games, miniatures and collectible card in my area, close to the end of this month. I went there often, the owner is sympathetic to me, and then I beat him even at WOW TCG ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzoCWdY_Tmg ).
When he told me confess that I was wrong. In fact I had been anticipated by Falconer, but well, I hear from the voice dell'Evil Clerk was different.
It is true that every time I went there the shop was empty and there was he attached to the laptop trying to level his Tauren Druid.
Dragon was (I speak to the past so to mourn), a small shop with two windows, a concrete cube with a little inside 'manuals, miniature instruments and a couple of tables to accommodate those who wanted to play with cards or with wargame. To have him back home was very comfortable, though not often includes manual, it was nice to drop by once in a while and rummage through the shelves, or even order him what I could / I did not want to take elsewhere.
see him close is a little 'bad, because in the end his dream of opening a shop of this kind, it's my dream, and to see a boy my age who can not make it, is a bit' feel the same sense of failure on my skin.
When I asked "why" I replied that of course it is difficult to get such an activity. Even now that RPGs were a bit 'cleared from their niche in the "Recreation for Nerd" and are now almost result, the purchase of the manual is an impromptu thing, done once and then (thank goodness) you play. As for supplements, "people will download it (even though - I might add - the manual download is nothing compared to the printed press, but these are perversions of a fetish of the manual which was bought on ebay all the manuals Rolemaster because they remind him when a boy killing the orcs with his Beorning using the tables of Arms Law ...), cards "to buy on ebay (as I did for a while I even 'time in this part of saving a lot of money) and" with only thumbnails do not pitch. "
I thought a lot about the "failure" of the Dragon and the words of its manager.
always been my dream was to have a "hole", a small room in which to sell all this stuff that is the fun aspect of my life and then takes a good 80% of my life. As De Andre says "you sell it, what do you buy the best?" and my philosophy has always been a bit 'this: what's more' do good work as the seller of the best things that there are: GDR and videogames?
The thought that a business franchise can not make it, then with the support of a chain - Dragon - who is in Italy is worrying, but I tried anyway critical of myself in front of the question.
Dragon was definitely not very "active". In his place I would try to attract people to the store. How? For example, with their card games, which should be a constant and continuous entry. Organizing tournaments or even better, registering with the international tournament circuit. A serious crisis has been to bypass the WOW TCG event that are sure to explode in a few months in Italy, simply sell boosters and starter decks. A
Rome is not yet a shop that organizes matches for the region. If I want to try to qualify for the ladder, I have to go in Campania or in Umbria, to name two places' neighbors. But even ignoring the world of boardgames in my opinion is a mistake. I do not hear about Diplomacy tournaments for a long time (to cite a game between the more 'common) and just go to a little' BoardGameGeek to realize that this sector, especially in Europe but in Italy, is extremely active and for once we see as direct producers (my eyes light up every time I look at the huge huge box of "War of the Ring" on the shelf of my living room: P). Maybe it's my ignorance, but in my area, the center of Rome, there is a meeting point for those who want to play table in a competitive way. Indeed, even with regard to the CG, driven by the frenzy for WOW I am a bit 'rough, is the first place where I found the play in the northern suburbs. O
the GDR: there are never new product presentations, there is no interest (because maybe there?) For the Italian market, nor the will to sponsor the various associations (and those that are there are any) role-playing live. The most you will find a flyer with an email address.
Not to mention the ball game. Now it is true that Dragon did not have the space nor the resources likely, but is totally absent in Rome (or at least I do not I am aware, and that all I do in life you can 'say) of events related to video game tournaments, presentations or something.
Maybe I'm just pulling out of excuses to think that my dream is a dream bankruptcy, although who knows if anything will be done. Perhaps no field today with a store that sells fun, or perhaps the fun of today is very different from how I understand it and some other people. As I
0 comments:
Post a Comment