Monday, September 17, 2007

Trench Foot In World War 1

Darkmoon Farie Milan (15-16 September)

In short we embark in a short work Friday and last minute preparations, I and the Falconieri GiovaneK, full of hope than ever in this sort to Milan to play the first Darkmoon Fair Italian. nubbi With our decks, zero playtest because "so there will be a lot of people who are like us," cards put together almost by accident, bouquets "X", lists copied wrong UDE site and never ending optimism, deep down I do not say we dream of winning something, but at least "about 128 people, to finish among the top 64 ...". Famous last words that might repeat in the 5 hours that separate us from the city's cathedral, but surely all three will try not to think in spite of repeated bad luck pulling that competition will be fierce and we will fight tooth and nail.

The journey never goes away. An hour to get out of Rome and other 6 to get to Milan, but fostering is such that nothing can 'knock down the granite walls of optimism and childlike joy that I built around me. We come now that it's dark, and we are greeted by friendly faces. You should go to bed early because tomorrow we will have wake up to the 7, so that we can stay in Assam, where the tournament takes place, quickly and not take risks with your subscription. But tuning the deck is too tempting and I end up Falconieri and to set our "powerful decks" only around 2.30am.

The alarm clock has a sweet sound for once. The first ring are standing, and leave all three of the house while the world around us seems almost dozing. After
confused with the Forum di Assago Milan Fair, he woke up the Hairy Guy to tell us where to go, and that we came across another group of players who were lost (including the future N ° 12), we reach the Darkmoon Faerie, and we record filled with joy.

me I can steal free t-shirt in less than five minutes, but the atmosphere is so exciting although it is not able to get to 128 members for the tournament, I could not care less. Falconer, and as much as GiovaneK seem rather excited, and waiting for everyone to start, give us a trade and gossip on the faces of the other defendants.

Finally it all starts in a tug of war that does not allow us even to go to breakfast. European judges and participants from Holland, Germany, France and the rest of Europe now give an air of professionalism to the event, but we still can not even imagine what lies ahead. My eyes will be opened by a friendly guy at the time of sitting for the participants' accounts.
All
sit, this cute guy I began to explain "as if alive" ... I ask him if he has already played a few tournaments and started to tell me that last fact in the U.S., can not remember where, or if a place like Los Angeles. I have a block to the stomach. My dream of the "host of inexperienced" begins to crumble and not so slowly. I make the claim "but people there are in this tournament?". He points to some 'people, many of them foreigners who are not here to see Milan, or eat a nice chop, but apparently make these tournaments pitches a sort of "craft" ... previous sample of the Darkmoon Farie of Berlin, national champion in that country, national the other, 2nd place in that tournament and so 'on. I realize that in spite of myself here there are people who study there to play, people who have spent hundreds of euro to prepare for a deck and who know exactly what to expect. The dream of the first 64 will be crushed by the weight of the winner of the last fair, and the words of Rene Ferretti modified if necessary merely echoing in my head

"We have the Darkmoon Farie us break the ass! Found an exit- strategy! I've already done ... "

Soon, my two traveling companions realize that, although fun, the Darkmoon is not even remotely within our reach. The tables full of Bambocci that do nothing but move frantically cards that are holding the three of us begin to create a sense of disorder that we know could culminate in acts of violence. You will see the sign with the first matches and sit at the table with Carl, very nice Swedish boy all smiles and handshakes. He has a blood elf rogue team and I broke my ass in a unique way. E 'but extremely friendly as well as terribly honest. After just 15 minutes of play I can see the Falconieri standing, strolling among the tables. I make him a face like "Well?" and he mimes with his hands 2-0. Forlorn facial expression is unclear who between him and his opponent has got the 0 ... Meanwhile Carl
hits hard, I do what I can, He kindly marks wounds to both of us, so why should mark only mine, and so when soprano, although I'm under a lot, I make him notice that he had forgotten to write down 3 damage. At the end of the match we are great friends, but in 45 minutes, the most I could do was sell dearly in a 2-0 win that makes me realize how limited are my hopes and my deck ...

Falconieri and GiovaneK are in my own stiauzione: 0-2. Here's how our trip and only Milan is only revealed as such: a trip, an outing to see how they play the "big "....


END PART ONE

0 comments:

Post a Comment