Candlemoth
There Is A Certain magic in the process, like returning sight to the blind, hearing to a deaf man, But there is, Equally, in my pain That recognition as We have advanced in so many ways, we Also Have Walked back.
Damn. I am moved. And hit. And many other things put together that now I can not describe.
I just feel the heat concentrated in the center of the chest, something that makes me hard breath stuck in my throat. It 's weird. I never felt like this for a book.
Well yes, there have been many wonderful readings. I even cried. Like an idiot, or perhaps a child. However, for books that I loved, I cried several times.
But this time is different. I did not cry ... yet we are inside. As with any book I read until the end, I am there in it up to the hair. Completely surrounded, completely identified with.
most likely write a similar post for the next book that I hit well, as I will for others to come. Contradictory as they are, could very well happen.
I have never read the reflections of a man condemned to death, I have never traveled back and forth in the life of a character with so much transport ...
... maybe they are the reflections.
There are excerpts in Candlemoth , hitting softly, but with a rapidity that surprised. It 's something immediately. Reflections so deep, so true and elastic, malleable, might fit in almost any situation if they were mine, yours and of those who have designed ... something soft and versatile, moving, and at the same time harsh and hard as the truth that contains ... wonderful. A wonderful book. Heck if recommend it. Although you should put up with in the original language.
Oh well, trying to return to relatively bright, is a book that breaks.
E 'in shades of dramatic and deeply thoughtful, are the reflections and memories of a boy sentenced to death in the U.S. ingiustamentye 70s for theory-in-fact out his best friend.
While reading you get to feel the anguish of the countdown to execution, the melancholy with which they are carried to the surface old memories of a past life, with a hint of the dramatic history of the United States between the '60s and ' 70.
The characters are vivid, imperfect, perfectly human, and is adorably subjective l'ottica con cui vengono inquadrati. Non c'è nulla di razionale e coerente, come non sono coerenti i pensieri di un uomo che conosce il giorno della sua morte, un uomo che vive nel rimpianto e nel terrore, o di un ragazzo con gli ormoni in subbuglio che si affaccia alla vita.
Cavoli, se dà da pensare. Intenso, malinconico, così realista e riflessivo... Candlemoth di Roger Jon Ellory. Una delle letture migliori degli ultimi mesi.
0 comments:
Post a Comment